Choosing a trusted machining company is essential for building an inventory of reliable, high-performance military and defense components. At Buell Automatics, we have the experience, equipment, and skills necessary to create complex parts within tight tolerances using the highest-quality metals. We offer the following advantages to all of our military and defense clients:
- Confidentiality. The details of your projects, orders, and design files will stay secure and protected. Even when you can’t share the applications or use cases for your component designs, we can work with you and your designs to produce precise runs of parts.
- Precision and accuracy. We use state-of-the-art industry equipment and thoroughly inspect our components throughout the production process to ensure they meet our quality standards. Our multi-spindle screw machines and CNC turning capabilities reduce the risk of human error and can handle strict specifications and tolerance requirements.
- Versatility. We can manufacture, machine, and finish a wide variety of components for military and defense equipment in a variety of part quantities, sizes and shapes.
- Machine quality. We invest in the long-term performance of our equipment, so every production run is precise, fast, and to our high standards. We use smart detection systems and MRP software to manage our in-house equipment, and we rebuild our machines when necessary to meet updated quality standards.
Precision Military Components Using CNC Swiss Lathes and Multi-Spindle Screw Machines
Computer numerical control (CNC) machines convert product designs into sets of instructions that machining tools can follow repeatedly to produce consistently identical products. Swiss lathes and multi-spindle screw machines offer top-of-the-line machining quality for two-dimensional and three-dimensional parts. Our Swiss lathes enable us to machine components with small dimensions without any loss in production quality or precision.
We have over 50 Davenport multi-spindle screw machines to facilitate versatility and high-speed production on order volumes of any size. Combined with our team’s programming knowledge and experience in producing high-quality military components, we can work with almost any design to create reliable, high-performance parts.
We frequently produce the follow military-grade components in our facility:
- Ammunition/ordnance components
- Electronic components
- Hinge pins
- Jam nuts
- Missile/weapon components
- Satellite and radio components
- Striker points
Military Parts Materials
Military parts need to be able to perform in the field with minimal risk of material failure. That’s why we source only high-quality metals to ensure integrity and reliability in the components we produce. Our engineering team can help to determine the precise metals and fabrication methods you need for varying degrees of toughness, corrosion resistance, strength, conductivity, and other properties. We work with the following types of metal:
- Alloy steel
- Low Carbon steel
- Stainless steel
We also work with different plastics to create lightweight, flexible, and durable parts.
Choose Buell Automatics for Military and Defense Components Machining
Since 1966, our company has been creating innovative products and production processes. Consistency and quality are our top priorities during production, and we’ve built processes that lead to uniform machined components that fall within tight tolerances and meet exact customer specifications. We are an ISO 14001-compliant, and IATF-16949-compliant company. We offer the following production capabilities:
- Davenport multi-spindle screw machining
- Precision CNC machining and Swiss Turning
- Secondary services.
We can handle small- and large-scale production run projects for military organizations and defense contractors. Stringent confidentiality and project security practices are inherent on every project. Contact us today or request a quote to learn more about our capabilities for your project.