Since 1966, Buell Automatics has been designing and manufacturing small precision products for a wide range of industries and applications. Our over 50 Davenport multi-spindle screw machines, in particular, offer unique versatility thanks to their distinctive features designed and developed by our team.
- High Pressure Coolant-Through Drilling: Designed for deep hole applications for almost any material. Results in faster cycle times, ability to produce more complex parts and all at a lower cost than our competitors.
- PATENTED Short Part / Broken Tool Detection: System insures when a short part or broken tool is detected the machine stops and the custom divertor chute sends the suspect parts away from good parts. The best part is the machine won’t run unless the system is working correctly!
- Sensi-Buell MRP Software: Designed and developed by our team to ensure tools are changed before they fail, provides real quality and production performance to our employees, inventory control for tools and efficiency information for quoting. Ensures the quality and consistency our customers expect!
- Machine Rebuilding: All our machines are rebuilt to OEM or better standards to ensure our quality and engineering standards are consistently met. Well maintained machines make for happy employees as well as productive employees.
Screw Machining Capabilities
Our precision screw machines can handle the following processes:
- Deep-hole drilling
- Threading (cut and formed)
- Thread rolling
- Recessing (Bokum)
- Cross drilling/tapping
Equipment and Material Capabilities
Our equipment inventory currently includes three Davenport Model B long-bed machines and over 50 standard-bed machines (oversized), which can machine parts with diameters of 3/32 inch (2.0 mm) to 1 inch (25.4 mm), at tolerances of +/-.0005 of an inch.
Common materials worked include aluminum, brass, bronze, copper, tubing, steel, and stainless steel.
Using Davenport screw machines, we manufacture parts for a huge range of industries, including automotive, defense, medical, consumer, electrical, pneumatic, electronic, communications, firearms, injection molding, marine, commercial, HVAC, hydraulics, military, and many more.
Dedicated to optimal quality and safety, Buell proudly meets key industry standards, including registration to IATF 16949 standard, ITAR (International Traffic In Arms) standard, and ISO 14001 Environmental compliance.
For more than 50 years, we’ve been helping customers bring their metal-component designs to life and assisting them every step of the way. From prototype to PPAP; low to high volume. Buell is here to support your needs.
For us, no project is too small! To get started on your next manufacturing project or to learn more about our services, get in touch with the team today.