Buell Automatics is a leading provider of CNC machining services for various industries. Our fully equipped in-house facility can handle any of your CNC medical needs. And fortunately, our team of expert machinists has provided quality services to the medical industry for many years.
We offer cutting-edge medical CNC machining services with quick turnaround times while producing high-accuracy parts. We hold ourselves to the highest quality assurance standards, especially since we understand how intricate but exact parts are used in this demanding sector.
CNC Machining for the Medical Industry
We have seen increased demands for accurate parts and components over the years, and we’re a medical parts manufacturer striving to improve our services to meet or even exceed these needs. These products usually require tight tolerances and must be produced in a shorter time, which is how CNC machinery became a prevalent technology in the medical industry.
Our machinists at Buell Automatics are trained to pay close attention to detail, especially for organizations with stringent quality control. In addition, our CNC machining capabilities allow us to create products with complex designs and specifications. These elements are a must in the world of healthcare.
Opting for CNC Machining to Achieve Quality Parts
Medical CNC machining is a manufacturing process that can guarantee quality output, no matter how big or small the project is. CNC means computer numerical control, which means pre-programmed computer software controls the tools. So it leaves little room for error compared to traditional manufacturing methods.
Different types of complex machinery are equipped for the machine, such as grinders, lathes, and turning mills. These are used to achieve your desired outcome on a particular workpiece through cutting, shaping, and drilling.
Types of Machined Parts Made for the Medical Industry
The medical sector primarily relies on CNC machining to create the parts required for various medical devices, equipment, and implants.
Some of the parts and components produced using CNC machinery include the following:
- Blade handles
- Surgical scissors
- Pacemaker components
- Components for X-ray machines, MRI scanners, and heart rate monitors
- Medical implants
- Ophthalmic devices
- Biopsy tubes
- Implant holders
Common Medical-Grade Materials Used
Choosing safe materials for medical applications is important in manufacturing parts for the medical industry. Some of the materials we usually work with are as follows:
- 300-series stainless steel: It features grades such as 316L. These are ideal for medical applications due to their high resistance and excellent biocompatibility.
- 17-4 stainless steel: It’s known for its durability, high corrosion resistance, and hygienic properties. So it’s mainly used for surgical tools.
- Brass: It has antimicrobial properties, which makes it an excellent option for several surgical instruments. Plus, it’s cost-effective since it’s readily available.
- 400 series stainless steel: The 400 series has lower corrosion resistance than the 300 series. But it has a high carbon content, making it heat-treatable for manufacturing surgical cutting tools.
- Aluminum: Another popular option is aluminum since it’s affordable, lightweight, and easily sourced. It also has good enough biocompatibility, making it ideal for stethoscopes and other tools.
Why Use CNC Machining?
There are many reasons to consider choosing CNC machining over other machining procedures. These benefits are highly advantageous, especially in busy sectors such as the medical industry.
Some benefits of CNC machining are as follows:
- Volume restrictions are non-existent
- Seamless production pace
- Achieve extremely tight tolerances
Work with Buell Automatics for All Your Medical Needs
Buell Automatics is a reliable manufacturer that uses CNC machining for different applications, such as medical parts and components. With our skills in this method, we can work on your requirements and deliver the best outcomes.